Dave Frentzel is a Partner at New Harbor Consultants. He brings to his client engagements logistics and supply chain expertise and hands-on executive leadership experience to improve business outcomes.
For more than 25 years, Dave has been working with companies in the after-market service, apparel, CPG, eCommerce, food & beverage, healthcare, hi-tech, and retailing industries. He has extensive global supply chain expertise having spent more than ten years living and working internationally helping companies improve their global go-to-market, sourcing, and supply chain strategies and operations.
- Strategic business and network design for supply chain efficiency, time to market, and global sourcing improvements.
- Supply chain operations improvements to enable growth, cost reductions, and service enhancement.
- Benchmarking and process redesign to identify and close gaps compared to best-in-class practices, performance, and competitiveness within transport, distribution center operations, global sourcing, inventory management, procurement, and sales & operations planning.
- Transport/3PL outsourcing strategies, partner selection, contracting, project management, and relationship management to ensure short- and long-term goals are achieved.
- Supply chain/logistics technology and tools needs assessment, selection, project management, and process/organizational change management to get the most out of IT innovations and investments.
- Organizational alignment, role design, and performance management/metrics to align people, strategy, and business processes.
- M&A synergy assessments and valuation assistance in a global context.
- Sustainability initiative identification, assessment, and project management to reach company, customer, and industry goals for more green and cost-effective supply chains.
Prior to his current position, Mr. Frentzel was Senior Vice President at APL Logistics where he had responsibility for its global contract logistics business unit encompassing 20M sqft of warehousing space in 15 countries and over 3,500 associates. The BU included domestic transport, implementation services, M&A, real estate, safety, strategic sourcing, and warehousing and VAS operations. He also led the company’s global Consumer Vertical.
Earlier, Dave was Vice President at DHL/Exel Supply Chain where he was responsible for customer solutions, first in Japan and Korea and then in the U.S. He also served as President of JDA/Manugistics Japan and in other executive roles within the company’s supply chain software solutions business. Prior to these roles, Mr. Frentzel had over 15 years of management consulting experience, including consulting leadership positions at Oliver Wyman (formerly Mercer Management Consulting) and Accenture, all focused on supply chain/logistics. He began his career in the manufacturing and distribution division of AT&T.
Dave holds a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Stanford University, an M. Eng. in Operations Research from Cornell University, and an MBA from the University of Chicago. He is currently Executive in Residence at Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business, a member of the school’s Dean’s Council, and a founding sponsor of the University’s Global Logistics Alliance. He is a frequent author and speaker on logistics and supply chain topics.