Acquisition search for financial services firm
A financial services provider sought assistance in conducting a search for potential acquisition or alliance candidates. Our client was seeking to accelerate growth of its non-core businesses by extending the range of its service and technology offerings. Targets were small privately-held US-based firms in financial services, consulting or systems.
- Helped client develop search criteria.
- Screened more than 600 companies, identified from a broad range of sources.
- Focused on regulatory assistance, alternative investment services and supporting technology solutions.
- Profiled and evaluated 45 firms.
- Qualified interest of 42 top candidates, through conversations with owners.
- Recommended eleven firms for acquisition, and others for alliances or pursuit by a sister company.
- Client continues to develop relationships with recommended companies.