Global demand/supply management
This leading global telecom operator sought to reinvent its demand/supply balancing process and implement a supporting intranet tool. Presenting issues included a lack of agreed rules and processes across the Group; a gap between long-term demand forecasting and short-term production planning; a lack of transparency, leading to friction in case of product shortages; and manual processes that could not keep up with rapid growth.
- Designed new rules and processes:
- Diagnosed ‘as is’ processes across the global organization, country business units and suppliers.
- Created a long-term supply chain vision and initiatives roadmap.
- Defined new rules and demand/supply process.
- Prepared the business case.
- Validated ‘to be’ rules and processes.
- Developed web-enabled tool and implemented the new process:
- Produced detailed functional specification.
- Defined tool architecture and design.
- Managed the outsourced tool development.
- Trained users in the new demand/supply balancing process and tool.
- Agreed new rules and processes.
- Implemented new process and tool to support Group-wide demand/supply management.
- Completed the first step toward realizing supply gains estimated at €100+M.