Purchasing processes and organization
This global automotive supplier wished to transform its US procurement operation into a best-practice organization. Procurement productivity and headcount were to be reviewed, as part of a company-wide efficiency campaign. We were asked to assess the organization’s capabilities and performance, identify opportunities, prioritize them and create an action plan.
- Evaluated alignment with internal customer needs.
- Benchmarked purchasing cost and performance.
- Prioritized major effectiveness opportunities.
- Evaluated broad efficiency gain opportunities.
- Assessed procurement skill sets and resource allocation.
- Proposed organizational options.
- Recommended action plan.
- Recommended ways to automate processes and deploy tools that reduced effort devoted to low value-added activities.
- Identified opportunities for major savings and resources needed.
- Developed a broader, more powerful set of performance measures to demonstrate the value added by the purchasing organization.