Trucking company due diligence
For a family office, we conducted due diligence on the proposed acquisition of a flatbed trucking company. The investor was particularly interested in obtaining objective insights into the outlook for the company’s main customer industry segments, the degree of customer satisfaction and the loyalty of employee drivers.
- Analyzed the outlook for customers’ industry segments to gauge carrier growth potential.
- Evaluated carrier quality and service vs perceived needs and competitors, with 30 customer and agent interviews.
- Gauged driver loyalty with 30 interviews.
- Provided detailed, positive report to equity investor and banks.
- Client acquired carrier with loyal customer and driver base, and strong growth outlook.
- Subsequently, we supported carrier management with website redevelopment, teaming with a communications design firm.