Dave Frentzel is a Partner at New Harbor Consultants. He brings logistics and supply chain expertise and hands-on executive leadership experience to his client engagements to improve business outcomes.
For more than 30 years, Dave has been working with companies in the after-market service, apparel, CPG, e-commerce, food & beverage, healthcare, hi-tech, and retail industries. He has extensive global supply chain experience having spent more than ten years living and working internationally helping companies improve their global go-to-market, sourcing, and supply chain strategies and operations.
Dave’s areas of expertise include:
- Business strategy, market research and implementation support for shippers and logistics companies.
- Supply chain network design and operations assessments to enable profitable growth, cost reductions, and service enhancement.
- Benchmarking and process redesign to identify and close gaps compared to best-in-class practices, performance, and competitiveness within transport, distribution center operations, global sourcing, inventory management, procurement, and sales & operations planning.
- Transport/3PL/contract manufacturing outsourcing strategies, partner selection, contracting, project management, and relationship management to ensure short- and long-term goals are achieved.
- Information technology needs assessment, technical evaluations, vendor/package selection, project and change management to get the most out of IT innovations and investments.
- Organizational alignment, role design, and performance management/metrics to align strategy, people, and business processes.
- Sustainability initiative identification, assessment, and project management to reach company, customer, and industry goals for greener and cost-effective supply chains.
- M&A due diligence, strategic assessments and valuation assistance in a global context.
Prior to his current position, Dave was Senior Vice President at APL Logistics where he was responsible for its global consumer sector and contract logistics businesses spanning domestic freight, warehousing, ocean/air forwarding, customs clearance, contract assembly and manufacturing, and solutions engineering services. He also served as President of APL Logistics Properties, Inc., a brokerage and property management company.
Earlier, Dave was Vice President at DHL, where he was responsible for freight and logistics customer solutions, first in Japan and Korea and then in its Americas retail sector. He also served as President of JDA/Manugistics Japan and in other executive roles in its transportation and supply chain software solutions business. Prior to these roles, Dave worked for over 15 years in management consulting, including in leadership positions at Oliver Wyman and Accenture.
Dave holds a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Stanford University, an M. Eng. in Operations Research from Cornell University, and an MBA from the University of Chicago. He is Chair of the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Supply Chain and Service Management Advisory Board and is a member of the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business’ Dean’s Council. He is a frequent author and speaker on logistics and supply chain topics.