Successful, growing companies not only have great business strategies and innovation engines, they are great at moving quickly and successfully from idea to implementation. These companies know that the value of a new supply chain strategy or business process is only realized after it has been successfully embedded in the organization. Having led businesses and assisted clients through implementation programs, New Harbor senior consultants combine hands on leadership experience with project management and subject matter expertise to maximize success and accelerate the time to benefit.
Our project teams quickly hone in on the presenting issues and opportunities:
- Project plan: What are the project goals and objectives? How is success defined? What tasks are required to be completed? What are the task pre-requisites and inter-dependencies? What skills are required? Are organizational change management issues fully understood and considered in the project plan?
- Leadership: What is the best project organizational structure? Who should fill the leadership roles? Who should sit on the steering committee? Is a dedicated project manager warranted?
- Resourcing: What internal and external resources are required? Does the organization have the right skills? Are there skill gaps that could benefit from specific training programs prior to project launch? What is the project budget and has the funding been approved?
- Performance Measurement: What are the specific measures of success? Are the project performance measures tied to company and individual performance goals? What reporting cadence is needed to keep the project leadership team and steering committee informed of progress and of potential problems on a timely basis?
- Tools: What project management tools are best suited to managing and reporting out on project progress?
New Harbor provides consulting assistance as well as can provide interim executive leadership:
- Implementation project planning
- Project management
- Logistics and contract manufacturing RFP execution
- Subject matter expertise
- Interim executive leadership
New Harbor staff brings deep industry and functional expertise and experience gained in leadership roles at major companies and through our extensive consulting work and interim executive leadership roles for clients.