The financial services industry faces unprecedented challenges and opportunities today. Regulatory pressures are intensifying, investors demand greater transparency, new technology is proliferating and investor demographics are shifting from baby boomers to millennials. Direct results include the emergence of new investment fund structures, regulatory compliance software and services, alliances among technology and service providers, and pressure on margins. The time is right for strategic assessment of new directions and new opportunities.
New Harbor offers valuable capabilities to help financial services players exploit these emerging business spaces by:
- Changing their value proposition.
- Creating new products and businesses.
- Launching acquisitions and alliances.
- Streamlining operational processes.
- Leveraging the right technology.
New Harbor has delivered positive project outcomes for clients including financial institutions, third-party service providers and technology firms. Our approach is informed by the big picture but driven by data-based analytics. We assist clients with well-defined projects that produce rapid, measurable benefits – while positioning for long-term growth. Examples of our work include:
- Strategy refocus for a specialized mutual insurance company, at Board request, that set new marketing directions and drove enhanced performance.
- Client profitability analysis, modeling cost and revenue determinants to identify profit-enhancing initiatives, for a financial services provider.
- Assessment of underwriting processes and systems, with recommendation of specific improvements, for a specialty insurance company.
- Expert witness support for an invoice auditing provider, in a dispute with a large client over contractual terms and services.
- Advising on the creation of a new business development process and organization, for a back-office financial transaction processing firm.
- Investigating the opportunity for expansion to a new area of financial services, on behalf of a technology provider well-established in an adjacent space.