Mr. Bovet is the Managing Partner of New Harbor Consultants, a management consulting firm located near Boston. He focuses on helping clients translate their vision into practical results. David brings 30 years of experience across a range of industries, from high-tech manufacturing to transportation and financial services. Projects focus on strategic direction, market positioning, operational improvement and hands-on implementation.
He offers fact-based recommendations and works with clients to realize tangible benefits.
- Strategy: Developing new strategic direction, working with senior management teams, for clients in financial services, logistics and specialty insurance.
- Due diligence: For strategic and financial investors, conducting market, competitor and customer research to identify investment risks and growth opportunities.
- Market research: Conducting research to support new market entry or new service offers, in outsourced business services.
- Operations: Delivering improved cost effectiveness and service, based on advanced analytics and execution support, for clients in multiple industries.
- Client profitability: Uncovering specific drivers of profitability, recommending improvements and designing dashboards for performance management.
- Senior counsel: Supporting C-suite executives with ongoing counsel on management challenges, from setting strategy to tightening operations and reinvigorating teams.
- Litigation support: Providing expert research, reports and testimony in complex business, technical and regulatory disputes.
In the operations field, David leads projects in sales & marketing, supply chain management, manufacturing, transportation, purchasing and outsourcing. Assignments typically deliver short-term savings that help fund medium-term transformation.
Mr. Bovet is co-author of Value Nets: Breaking the Supply Chain to Unlock Hidden Profits (Wiley & Sons, 2000). David also speaks widely at logistics events and writes about operations in publications such as Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal Europe, Supply Chain Management Review, and Inside Supply Management.
Prior to forming New Harbor, David was a Partner at Norbridge, Inc., and a Managing Director of Mercer Management Consulting (now Oliver Wyman), where he co-led the operations team, based in Boston and Paris. Earlier, Mr. Bovet was an economist at The World Bank, managing part of the Brazil lending program. He also served as a US Coast Guard officer, conducting research on commercial vessel safety.
David received his MBA with highest honors, and an MA in economics, from Stanford. He holds a BS in naval architecture and marine engineering from Webb Institute (currently on the Board of Trustees) and an MS in ocean engineering from George Washington University. He holds dual US and Swiss citizenship.