Pan-European Operations Integration
A global garment manufacturer sought to gain a competitive edge by transforming its European operations. It wished to integrate all ‘back-office’ activities while retaining separate brands in each major market. Specific objectives were to accelerate the product renewal cycle and ensure cost-effective, high-margin delivery in compliance with service standards.
Worked with a 60-person pan-European client project team to assess challenges, discern new operational strategies and implement change. Main elements included:
- Segmentation: Organized value chains by customer needs, not brand.
- Product development: Redesigned product development process on a ‘platform’ principle.
- Procurement & production: Created dual-track procurement, production and logistics in support of differing customer/ product requirements.
- Integration: Integrated across the value chain in support of major product strategies and scenarios.
- Delivered $20+M in EVA gains.
- Self-financed the project through short-term savings.
- Provided a catalyst for broader change.