Sales Incentive plan rollout
A multi-national, specialized niche logistics services company sought project management and analytic support as it transitioned to a new sales incentive plan.
- Project management: following the implementation roadmap prepared by New Harbor in the earlier sales incentive plan design phase, our senior consultants led the client team through a pilot implementation to full operationalization.
- Payout calculator: Developed a spreadsheet-based tool for calculating the sales rep’s compensation based on multiple incentive payout structures rewarding both individual and team successes.
- Senior management reviews: Conducted weekly and then monthly project updates with senior management to review progress and projected payouts in the new plan.
- Training: Assisted in educating the sales personnel regarding objectives and details of the new plan, including each rep’s specific goals and targeted incentive compensation. Also trained plan administrators in the use of the payout calculator and assisted sales leadership with setting payout targets and preparing related budgets.
- Successful plan rollout across the company’s three business units
- Operational tool in place to support annual budgeting and monthly payouts
- Aligned sales compensation to the company’s strategic objectives and annual financial plan