US-Latin America supply chain for office equipment maker
High supply chain costs and relatively low service to distributors in Latin American markets prompted a major office equipment maker to seek our help:
- Evaluate changing customer requirements.
- Determine best practices by competitors and others serving Latin America.
- Recommend ways to boost supply chain performance.
- Conduct interviews of manufacturers, distributors and third-party logistics providers.
- Determine customer expectations by country type.
- Identify current and future practices of leading technology and consumer goods manufacturers.
- Develop specific examples of best practices.
- Synthesize learnings from primary and secondary sources.
- Provide compelling report to management.
- Evolving customer needs.
- Best practices by competitors and others.
- Objective view of required performance levels.
- Fact-based recommendations for priority actions.
- Identified opportunities to reduce supply chain costs by 2 percent of revenue and raise product availability by 15 percentage points.
- Enabled client team to validate hypotheses and prioritize initiatives.
- Obtained senior management buy-in for change program.