New organization design for a port authority
Following a strategy project that pointed the port authority in a new direction, we were asked to develop a new organization design to facilitate implementation of the action plan.
- Requirements definition: Profiled key activities to be performed, particularly new or greatly enhanced functions such as marketing and real estate, in support of the new strategy.
- Options development: Identified several organizational options for key functional areas.
- Recommendations: Selected best organizational option to support the strategy; prepared position descriptions for key new roles.
- Port authority enhanced its ability to execute new programs in marketing/sales and real estate.
- Marine volumes and non-marine economic activities enjoyed substantial growth in ensuing years.