White-glove transportation 3PL due diligence
With increasing customer demands for time-sensitive/time-definite transportation and ‘white glove’ specialty handling and delivery services, this PE investor believed the target company operated in a market segment poised for rapid growth. However, there were a number of questions and concerns related to the target’s business model, competitive positioning, and ability to exploit the growth potential in the market.
- Market and competitive research: Researched logistics trends impacting the target company, interviewed customers and competitors, and evaluated competitive positioning and sustainability.
- SWOT analysis: Benchmarked services and profitability, and assessed management’s growth plan in light of the company’s business model scalability.
- Growth markets and strategies: Developed strategic foundation for sustainable growth, adding focus to management’s plans, and provided guidance for further acquisitions.
- Clear guidance on investor’s questions and concerns.
- Market assessment and competitive positioning.
- Target company SWOT.
- Post-acquisition growth plan.
- Risk assessment: External and company-specific risks to the business.