eCommerce product development & market entry plan for a 3PL
Seeking to ride the eCommerce wave and leverage it’s well established capabilities and infrastructure geared for more traditional warehousing and shipping needs, this Top 50 3PL sought a market entry plan and business case for investment.
- Market assessment: Surveyed the eCommerce logistics service-related market and buyer values. Benchmarked competitor offerings, as well as inhouse operations of eCommerce retailers. Identified opportunities for differentiated services, with sustainable value propositions.
- Internal capabilities assessment: Identified the company’s strengths and weakness and major gaps to meet the requirements and challenges presented by eCommerce logistics.
- Product design: Created a comprehensive eCommerce logistics service product guide detailing out the service specifications covering facilities, operating processes, KPIs, HR, IT solutions, financial management and contracting/SLAs.
- Implementation plan: Prepared action plan to rollout in North America, then, with local configuration, to Latin America and China.
- An industry leading eCommerce fulfillment solution and rollout action plan.
- Successful entry and position in the targeted segments.